interesting info from att

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swordfish5736, Jul 2, 2008.

1. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

so i was on the phone with my girlfriends mother who doesnt want to stand in line with us to get her iphone and apparently she has a written form of some sort that says my girlfriend is allowed to purchase her own iphone and second for her mom. Along with that she got the contract info she needs so that we can take it back and all they need to do for her is activate the phones.

I've seen a few things about the 1 phone per person limit and this might be a good way around it if needed

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

So a note is suppose to change the 1 phone per person limit :rolleyes:

3. swordfish5736 thread starter macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i dont think its really a note. It was some type of authorization att gave her to sign and the sales rep im guessing signed it as well. It doesnt change the 1 phone per person limit, it authorizes someone to purchase a phone for another person. I'm not giving you this info to go buy 4 phones and sell them on ebay its info for people that wanted a family member or friend to buy them a phone but wont be there

4. thevol macrumors member

i added my wife as an authorized user on my account in the at&t store so she can pick one up on the 11th. you just need to go into a corporate at&t store and add the person to your account. its quite easy if you have someone willing to get it for you.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Hmmm, I have not seen anything regarding limits on the iPhone 3G. I know last launch was limit 2 per customer.

Where did you guys see that its limit 1 per customer ?

6. Peabody macrumors regular

You can also add an authorized user online at the wireless.att.com site after you login with your phone #, etc...

It allows somebody besides the named contract holder to make changes to services on the account as well as hardware purchased on the account.

I don't think it'll allow a single person to enter an AT&T store and walk out with 5 iPhones - one for each potential line on a Family Plan...

7. swordfish5736 thread starter macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

ya. That just authorizes people to buy an iphone under there parents or husbands contract

i'm referring to my brother signing the form and giving it to me and on launch day me going into the store and buying a phone for myself and one for him.

On the note of no limit. I've seen a few reports of one phone per person per spot in line