interesting iPhone boot issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by idreq, Jun 17, 2012.

1. idreq macrumors newbie

So recently I experienced some light water damage to my iphone. I went through the whole process of putting it in rice for 3-4 days to remove the moisture. But now Im experiencing what seems to be an endless boot cycle. I tried a soft reboot and I tried restoring it through the normal restore mode and DFU. For both restores it seems to have updated all the information but when it entered the final boot sequence it gets stuck in the loop. All that displays on the screen is the apple logo and after awhile it'll restart. It still registers in iTunes as my phone but it just lacks the ability to sync. Also weirdly enough find my iPhone is able to send actions to the phone. It cant identify its location and the phone obviously doesn't carry out those actions but it reports that they have been sent. Im going to try a jail broken boot sequence to see if that bypasses anything that might hinder the boot of a damaged phone. If you think it seems repairable let me know. Also I was wondering if the repair could be something I can do myself.

2. idreq thread starter macrumors newbie

Jailbreak and tethered boot attempt

Well the phone was successfully jail broken but ended up in the boot cycle loop previously mentioned. I tried a tethered boot but the same thing happened. Any help would be great thanks.

3. idreq thread starter macrumors newbie

Interestingly enough the battery wont charge at all. So When I disconnect the phone from a power source its displays the connect to power screen. Im wondering if it is possible that the iphone runs into a power issue during boot due to a higher demand.

4. tmp2 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem, anyone knows how to fix this?