Interesting iPhone Story

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YoungKevin, May 6, 2009.

1. YoungKevin macrumors member

I broke my iPhone a couple days ago so I using an unlocked T-Mobilt G1. So I go to the Apple store to get my phone replaced. So one of the Genius Bar guys told me about the screen replacement program which is pretty much now they can replace your screen without replacing your phone. It cost $199. I agree to it and they took my phone and said we have to check for water damage first. The guy checked it right in front of me the said it was ok and come back in about 20 mins. So 20 mins passed and I get my iphone and its closing time at the mall so I go striaght to the exit instead of walk around the mall. As I'm leaving the mall I got a call and as all of you know when your iPhone is sleep and you receive an incoming call you have to slide to answer. So I tried and I couldn't answer the call. So I call the person back and I can't hear them. So I turn around to take the phone back and the mall doors are locked bcause of closing time. I think to myself no big deall ill just come back tomorrow morning. Plus it would give me one more day to use my G1. So I go back the next day and tell them what happened and they took alook at my iPhone then brought it back and said it had water damange. I told them that noticed the problem when leaving the mall the day before but the mall had closed. The guy was like maybe you brought it in the restroom with while you were showering! I'm like huh! I told you I noticed the problem right after the screen got fixed! Then he said maybe you got a drink and some water got in the phone? I told him the mall was closed how could I have gotten a drink? Pretty much he told me there was nothing he could do and I would have to pay another $199 to replace the phone. I was in shock and I didn't have the money! So I go home and calltech support and tell them what happened they thought I was lying because they didn't know that Apple had a iPhone srceen replacement program. So they call the store on threeway trying to prove me wrong and the store guy told him that Apple did in fact have a screen replacement program. So I'm furious now cause they thought I was lying. So pretty much they set up an appointment at the Apple store to replace my iPhone plus the renewed my applecare for another 2 years and their gonna give me an $50 itunes give card. So today was an awsome day!

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68030

Hi! I'm actually Old Kevin. I just want to share a hint with you as far as posting.

Try to separate long posts into several paragraphs for easier reading. This will keep folks' interest longer if you do this.

I'm glad it worked out for you!

3. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

damn that's crazy if it's a true story. I'd be irate!

4. YoungKevin thread starter macrumors member

Its an nick name! Long story! I figured that's why I wasn't getting any replies. Anyway I can edit the post from my G1

Why would lie? Plus that to long of a post to being!

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Why are they charging you for a screen replacement anyway? My gf just got her's replaced for nothing.

6. nicheco macrumors member

maybe it's because she's hot and most of those genius guys are hard up.

7. crazydrumma macrumors regular

8. liaammm macrumors newbie

I'm sorry but I Lol'd:) so what are you just left by apple and I'm confused, something must have happened to the phone whilst you where locked in or w/e was it the same guy? Surerly he couldn't have been that mean, lol I know it's only a phone but I feel sorry for you and let's face it you got owned also can I just ask is this one of those long fake FML's?

9. english06 macrumors member

Watch...

I'm a freakin' magician.

10. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

OMG!!!!

how did he do it?

11. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

He is a Mac-gician.

12. spikedfo macrumors regular

Oh..Can you teach me how to do that!?