Interesting issue with unlocked devices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairian89, Apr 11, 2017.

1. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I own two unlocked devices that were purchased at full-retail price from Apple.

I have restored them both with the latest updates (10.3.1) and I never received the notifications saying "Your iPhone is unlocked!" This happened on both devices. I do a full wipe and restore every software update that comes out (Crazy? Probably.) and this is the first time that I have not received the message. I called and spoke with Apple Support earlier and they verified that both devices are shown as unlocked. Has anyone else noticed the same thing with 10.3.1?

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I think that's probably a one time deal.

I've only seen it once and currently (between my wife, myself and my son) I have five unlocked iPhones.

3. blairian89 thread starter macrumors 6502

blairian89

Perhaps that is the case - I imagined that it would show that screen every time a restore was done, but I tend to be wrong somewhat often. Have you done multiple restores on your devices?

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I've restored the same unlocked iPhone multiple times and seen the message multiple times.

5. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

No. Two devices are jailbroken, both on iOS 9.0.2. So, restoring them would eliminate my jailbreak. And it's unnecessary.

One device I restored from iCloud but it was stock at the time and I already have a differen SIM in it when I did it. One device came to me unlocked already and the last device was where I saw the message because I needed to restore it in iTunes (but not because I wanted to see the message).

Both the device I received unlocked and the one I saw the message on have been restored more than once however through iTunes and the unlocked message has never recurred.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 11, 2017 ---
    I've only seen it once on a device restored two or three times.

Not disagreeing, just my experience - which is why I made the earlier reply I made.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I think it's one of those inconsistencies we all read about. :D