Interesting issues with jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chrisms, Jul 11, 2009.

1. chrisms macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've had my phone jailbroken for a while now, and i've started to notice a lot of odd glitches, just thought i'd list them here, see if anyone else has the same, or fixes for them:

SBSettings, turning vibration off (for silent mode) sometimes works, sometimes doesn't... When it's red (no vibration) i'll still get vibration, and vice versa. Also, when i go into settings -> sounds and turn on and off vibration it also sometimes doesn't work as intended.

SMS messaging, when you go to the next line of a text, the input field gets a line thicker (good) except, i'm writing on the "top" line still, while the bottom line below where i'm writing is blank, and the previous line is pushed up out of view. No idea what could be causing this one.

My tri-tone SMS alert, seems to be interrupted by the vibration? It just sounds "off" to me, anyone else have alert sounds that seem to be broken up? I'm not running anything in the background, so i shouldn't be too low on memory to make the sound smooth.

When i get a voice mail, the phone app has the "1" badge next to it, normal. I listen to the voice mail, the badge does not go away. I delete voice mail, and delete all recent, so it's gone for ever. Badge still there. Badge remains for about 5 min's. Kind of annoying.

Also with badges, App store will give me random badges for updates, but then tell me everything is up to date.

Those are just the ones i can remember, i'll add here when i come across more.

I think we should start a database of bugs (maybe there already is one somewhere?) so maybe someone smarter than I can fix them.

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I don't have experience with any of those other things, but the SBS settings/vibration issue happens to me daily! I was really looking forward to having that vibration toggle and it doesn't even seem to work half the time. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm glad you posted this because I thought it was just me.