Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chronimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
IMO having to click the unlock button, slide the slider, (click phone), click contacts, find my friend and then choose one of there numbers (generally with only one option) before im on the phone is tooooo to much to do. is just too much. So I wanted to know if it is possible to have more buttons other than the slider on the lockscreen? What i would like to do is have two sliders, or one in the middle that can be slid either right or left, one to goto the home screen and one to go directly to my contacts in phone.app (much preferred over the address book app).

I doubt this is possible, or if it is, rather difficult, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Chronimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Sorry it can't be changed :(

However I fail to see the point of having the slider if you have a passcode set.

are you sure its impossible?

i would assume the point of the slider, with or without a passcode is to prevent unintentional selections from happening.

Chronimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Intelliscreen can do that.

I uninstalled it though when the trial ran out, as it lagged like a mother on my phone.

well thats awesome to know that it can be done. But i was looking for a more permanent option. it just doesnt seem worth my time to try and figure this out for 10 days (less) with it. If only i knew how to code. lol. anyone else out there who knows how to program want this own your phone? do it up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.