Interesting macbook air problem/defect?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jialuolu, Nov 12, 2009.

1. jialuolu macrumors regular

A few days ago, I noticed that my MBA's keyboard and trackpad would suddenly become unresponsive but the button on the trackpad would still work because if the cursor was hovering over a link when it froze,I could still click it. So I would force it to shut down and sometimes after I booted it up, it would still be unresponsive

The interesting part is, it never becomes unresponsive when the laptop is on a level surface like a desk. As soon as I pick it up, the keyboard and trackpad will become unresponsive and sometimes, once I put it back down, it will come back to life and sometimes it won't and I'll have to reboot it. And if it isn't on a level surface while I reboot it, it will be unresponsive as well

Also, don't know if it would be related but I recently had the screen replaced due to a hinge defect but it was only after the repair that this problem started. It's out of warranty and I don't live near an Apple store so it would be really inconvenient for me to bring it in... Do you guys think an archive+reinstall would do the trick?

2. stoconnell macrumors 6502

3. jialuolu thread starter macrumors regular

No luck and it's gotten worse now. It took like 5 minutes to get to the login screen (even though I had it set so I wouldn't need to log in on startup) and it refused to let me log in and now it just gets stuck at a blue screen when I restart ugh

4. stoconnell macrumors 6502

Hmm. Sounds like it could be failing hardware. Can you boot from DVD? Might be worth running hardware diagnostics on it.