Interesting Observation

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by DrNick8404, May 4, 2012.

1. DrNick8404 macrumors member

DrNick8404

Im getting sucked into the world of Apple :apple: It started with the MBP and how much I love it. :D So I looked at Iphone prices, though I would wait for the new 1; when ever that is and switch from my Droid. I digress... the prices of new Iphones without a upgrade or 2yr contract are +500 :eek: Thats 1/2 the cost of my MBP. Is it not crazy they cost 1/2 of an amazing computer?

:apple:

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Clearly you're not familiar with subsidized pricing, all smartphones cost around the same if not more than an unsubsidized iPhone. Also, considering even the first iPhone was comparable to my first computer in college, it's not that crazy considering functionality/size.

3. DrNick8404 thread starter macrumors member

DrNick8404

Sure it is crazy! The type of craziness is what I am pondering. Its amazing something that is less powerful albeit practical and functional is still that much. Now I understand market values and supply/demand just a curious thought. But from your'e point of view, i suppose the same argument goes for all smart devices. :)

4. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

I have been sucked in too lol.

My MBP 15" was the last thing to get which I got a few weeks ago. Thats TV, phone, tablet and now a computer all Apple :)

It all connects to each so easily and to my Bose hifi too.

Love it all lol :)

5. DrNick8404 thread starter macrumors member

DrNick8404

Jealous!! And thats what I want too! I want an efficient system like that that all talks to each other. $$$$$$$$$$$$$:D:apple:

6. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Thats the way it is with Apple once you have one product your not happy until you have them all its their marketing strategy and the fact that everything works so perfectly together. I started june, then iPad, then iMac, MBP, MBA, time capsule, cinema display, ATV2, wireless keyboard for the MBP and then a magic mouse. Its a very expensive hobby.

7. Liquinn Suspended

I agree. I can't really justify having a 13" MBP, 11" MBA and an iPad though. I may as well get a 17" Macbook Pro.

I do agree with what you mean, no one's really happy with what they have anyway. :(

8. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Bose? Hifi? What?!

Back on topic, I also got sucked into the Apple hype kinda. I got a MBP last summer then I got a Macbook Air in october but Im selling it now. I'm still using my iPhone 3G though, hehe. I'd rather spend money on good headphones and audio equipment than computers and phones at the moment.

9. DrNick8404 thread starter macrumors member

DrNick8404

Are any of you like me and say "Fk it" and just put it on your credit card to pay off later? lol.:( :D

10. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Nope. I've have never, and will never, spend money I don't have.

11. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

+1

Its the Bose SoundDock 10 with WiFi, sorry keep calling it a HiFi :)