Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
The last few months my wife and I have been house shopping. We decided it was a good time to upgrade to something a little bit better. Anyway, we are looking at houses of all different price ranges in all different areas. It has been my observation is that when we go into a house that is valued at over around $800k AND the owner is not stretched (IE: owes $800k on an $800k house), that these houses almost ALWAYS have Macs. In houses where the owners are struggling a bit (short sales, foreclosures, upside-down) typically they have PC's.

I guess this makes sense, because if you have more disposable income, you can afford to get something "better" but if you need a computer and on a tight budget, a PC makes more sense.

Just found it funny, after I pointed it out to my wife, she now is always looking for the Mac. :D

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Actually, it's no accident.

Your wife is using an interesting (and seemingly effective) barometer for solvency.

That's funny, there were real studies of this. We just took it as an observation from house hunting. :D

Thanks for the links!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.