Interesting Problem... Need Ideas!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jblunted, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jblunted macrumors newbie

BACKGROUND: My macbook pro is ALLLL kinds of ****ed up (15" 2011 edition). But it's my baby. Even though she has some.. challenges I still love her. The screen is cracked. I need to replace it but I'm super lazy. I'm the type of person who needs to be forced into fixing ****. If I can do a workaround and I dont need to take apart all the screws, awesome. Anyways, yeah its cracked and you cant see anything on the laptop screen. So I plug it into TV's via hdmi as the workaround. Also, something is ****ed up with the keyboard and everytime I touch any of the keys the trackpad (or external mouse) only right clicks mobo maybe? My workaround was a wireless mac keyboard.

THE PROBLEM: Whenever I plug my laptop into a TV it recognizes it, but only extends the screen. I usually just hit command+F1 on the wireless keyboard and presto! the screen is duplicated. So I'm in Germany and the ******* I am forgot the keyboard on my kitchen bar. I borrowed a windows keyboard from the reception desk at the hotel im staying at but the f1 keys doesn't duplicate the screen.

halp.

2. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I can't quite make out what you are asking us to help with?

Also, if you want sufficient help I would use less provocative language and announce your problem in a more organized fashion. Have you gone into display preferences to try and resolve your issue there?

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

I think they are asking for a keyboard shortcut on a windows keyboard to mirror the display.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Sorry, I'm way to ****ed up to understand what's happening in this thread.

5. Augustine864 macrumors regular

On my windows laptop it is F8