Interesting quote from the Apple site on Siri...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c14nhl, Oct 18, 2011.

1. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Hi all

I've seen searching on how to teach Siri and help it learn my accent and came across this...

"Does Siri work out of the box, or do I have to teach it?
    Siri works right out of the box, without any work on your part. And the more you use Siri, the better it will understand you. It does this by*learning about your accent and other characteristics of your voice. Siri uses voice recognition algorithms*to categorize*your voice into one of the dialects or accents it understands.*As more people use Siri and it’s exposed to more variations of a language, its overall recognition of dialects and accents will continue to improve, and Siri will work even better.

Siri also uses information from your contacts, music library, calendars, and reminders to better understand what you say. So it responds more accurately when you ask to make a phone call, play music, or create an appointment or reminder.

If you like, you can reset what Siri has learned about your voice by turning Siri off and then back on in Settings > General > Siri."

So if you feel like Siri is finally getting to grips with your voice, whatever you do don't turn it off or you'll be back to square one.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

How will the learning function be affected if multiple users use Siri? All my friends have been taking turns trying it out...

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Easy, just start developing multiple personalities based on those of your friends.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So those with multiple personalities and schizophrenics should probably take a pass? Also white guys who talk black and then revert back to their crackerness will need a reset. Those who lack basic understanding of the English language, (ie....calling everyone "dog" or using words like "hella") will not bode well for siri.