Interesting Read

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by IscariotJ, Jun 6, 2008.

1. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

2. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

The Beeb had something on their website around photographers rights not too long ago, but this is an interesting read none the less, particularly the photographers rights wallet docs. Shame I can't go to the link though (blocked at work) but I may well print a copy when I get home...

3. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Here's a useful document, which prints out on two sheets of A4, giving advice and info about photographers' rights/responsibilities in UK. Worthwhile keeping a copy in the camera bag, I reckon...

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/ukpr.php

4. IscariotJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sure one of the fellow photogs on here ended up getting some kind of ID from the NUJ, after a run in with the law in Salford, though I might be wrong, there. Also something to consider.

5. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

This article reminds me of the security guard they posted here to protect a dam in a small town, 24 hours a day 7 days a week at the tune of $300,000 a year. All because some "suspicious" (read it Middle Eastern looking) guys were taking photos. C'mon now be real Al Quida isnt gonna go out and take photographs of some place they want to bomb.. what they WILL do is load up a truck full of as much explosives as they can get their hands on and go blow it up, simple as that.

Government officials need to refocus their efforts on real security and not harassing your average photographer.

6. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Well, you get an NUJ card... as long as you're a member of the NUJ...

7. IscariotJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doh ;) I'll try and find the post, and see what it was....