Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ANDJOE

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Some folks had issues with the 2018 bending. Curious if the 2020 has been strengthened?

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Whatever u say. I mean sure Apple does this all the time right? Common practice.

Not just Apple. All companies that release yearly updates with spec adjustments. The company that makes the car you drive does it. The company that makes the engines on the planes you fly, oh and the planes too. Type A... Type B... It's common. That's not defending nor justifying Apple. People do that with their wallet. It just is what it is.

Reactions: el beisbol

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
So going through all the comments. What’s a good buy? I feel like I’m seeing two different camps here. And the videos aren’t really providing a good tie breaker here.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
So going through all the comments. What’s a good buy? I feel like I’m seeing two different camps here. And the videos aren’t really providing a good tie breaker here.
It really depends upon your use case and also how long you plan on keeping the device.

With regards to the latter, in my experience, if you like to keep your devices many years, it usually pays to go for the device with more RAM. That said, if your needs are quite light, that extra RAM may not be necessary.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
It really depends upon your use case and also how long you plan on keeping the device.

With regards to the latter, in my experience, if you like to keep your devices many years, it usually pays to go for the device with more RAM. That said, if your needs are quite light, that extra RAM may not be necessary.

thanks. This will mostly be used for self study with PDF books and lots of note taking. And watching videos either via YouTube or else. I usually keep my machine in the sense that I give it away to my parents. I really wish you could program on the iPad Pro (That would make it a prefer machine...).

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Pay attention to the lyrics. ;)
Ugh. There’s a difference between paying too much attention to specs and seeing a new product with no processing improvements over the old one after almost 2 years. This is actually the case where if you have a 2018 pro, talking about specs actually makes total sense when youre thinking about forking over $1k+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.