Interesting review of glossy screen MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by psxguru, Jan 26, 2009.

1. psxguru macrumors 6502a

2. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting that review. I was waiting for their review. Many people on this forum will find out and learn interesting things.

thistle

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What's most impressive is how good the little Dell is.

4. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Very good article. One thing to draw away from it is that any laptop display is a compromise.

5. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

pitiful performance of the 2008 2000$ mbp though: too much to stomach actually.

6. PDE macrumors 68020

Seriously, Apple has been skimping on its MBP 15 displays for several years now. I remember when the same reviewer was so impressed with the last generation LED, but they must have been lucky because I saw plenty of poor samples of that one too. Given the price point, it's embarrassing that Apple can't manage to put the very best displays in these things - IBM's flexview was really good, but also pretty dim. Is any manufacture actually making smaller IPS panels at this point?

Hope things change in the future. For now we'll have to settle with this stuff...

7. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

i am an amature photographer not by choice but because my part time job required it and i find my 2007 mbp to be dissapointing but mostly in dark areas of the screen which lose detail and get blotchy. it would be nice if apple chose to give options for bto for reasonable upgrade prices for better screens.

i know there would be people would pay for the options it not unreasonably charged. this mediocre line of taking away options and sitting on laurels that apple are playing is frustrating and unfair...

8. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Unfortunately, nobody is making IPS displays for laptops (as the article stated). I would agree that I saw plenty of bad examples with the last generation 15" LCD displays. I still thing the current 15" is better than the previous 15" but that's not saying much.

9. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

It's fairly easy to run hackintosh on it, too. Seems it has the same innards as the 1st gen plastic macbooks, (substituting a 1.6 atom for the c2d) and some fairly smart guys cracked a version of 10.5 that will run with little tinkering on that as well as the msi wind.

I've done a lenovo s10 ideapad using the same receipe last weekend, and it's a sin how well that thing looks and runs. With build quality and user experience (keep in mind it's the little brother of the ibm thinkpad), I'd rate it up there with a real Mac, once you tinker with it enough for it to run right.

10. nopassn macrumors regular

I wonder how much better the new 17" MBP would have done...

11. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

When we say Apple sucks, we get attacked by the fanboys, how about professionals?

Well, I am addicted to Apple products, but the more I think about it, the more I found out how CHEAP Apple is. We are paying premium for NON-premium products in terms of what they have been producing lately.

I wish they get their act on ASAP, since I would love to continue to be an Apple supporter forever!