Interesting review of the iPhone's market presence

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devil's Refugee, Jul 27, 2007.

1. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I wouldn't say interesting, if anything this article could have been written with about 40-50 words, alas his narrow conclusion.
    However he doesn't get what the iPhone really is and probably never will.

2. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Filled with spelling errors and lack of logic. This is not a review but a poor attempt at spin.

3. jlwillia macrumors regular

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Theres a good un-biased iPhone review of its ups and downs here. (For those of you who are interested).

5. vinhmen macrumors newbie

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I've found that many phone (and other device) sites are run by people to whom English is a second language.

So you have to take that into account when reading oddly formed phrases.

OTOH, when native English-speaking people don't seem to know the difference between there/their/they're, and its/it's, and moot/mute, pique/peak, and so on... it just makes them look bad.

7. MacbookSwitcher macrumors 6502

MacbookSwitcher

What business does a non-native English speaker have writing articles in English?

I speak some Japanese, but I would never try to write articles in Japanese.

8. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I hate the misuse of homophones, but don't confuse ignorance with apathy.

9. michelle21 macrumors regular

Totally misses it, especially his analysis of what is or is not a smartphone.
    Do running applications natively on a phone contitute it a smartphone. hardly.

am not sure what to call the iphone, except may a newton for the 21st century, or the first generation of a device resembling a star trek data PADD.

Interesting note, if you've read the sttng tech manual , the PADD has some native applications but is meant to work in a teathered mode when aboard the starship, tying by photonic interface, to the library computer.

10. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The site that wrote that review is not a English site, it just has a english version. If you go to http://www.mobile-review.com/ you will see its in some other language until you click the English button at the top. Also note that at the end of the URL it says -en.shtml, the -en meaning thats the English version.