Interesting site maps

L

Lau

Original poster
Found an interesting site that lets you map any website by type of tags used. I thought it was interesting, but then I'm a bit of a stickler for information design. :eek:

This is MacRumors.com:

and this is my little site:

Here's the link to try yourselves.

Edit: and here's the explanatory post on the authors blog.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Ooh, purdy... hehe, forget any other use for that diagram. I just wanna space out and stare at it. :eek:

L

Lau

Original poster
devilot said:
Ooh, purdy... hehe, forget any other use for that diagram. I just wanna space out and stare at it. :eek:
I know! Try putting a site into the link - it slowly branches out and is most pleasing. :)

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
so how exactly does it work? does it graph base on the name? the traffic or what... Awwww, it's like watching some sort of microorganism under a microscope, the way it "floats" around like in a petridisk

L

Lau

Original poster
lem0n said:
so how exactly does it work? does it graph base on the name? the traffic or what
Sorry, I can't find the page that explains it for some reason, but it maps the different tags i.e. IMG, etc on each site. I'll try and find the page.

edit: it's about the 3rd post down on his blog.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I half-remember a similar thread about a tool that draws flowers based on what a webpage looks like. Does anybody remember the details or can anybody find that thread?

L

Lau

Original poster
Doctor Q said:
I half-remember a similar thread about a tool that draws flowers based on what a webpage looks like. Does anybody remember the details or can anybody find that thread?
This sort of stuff? I love all that sort of thing. :)