Interesting still preorders available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dtp8513, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Dtp8513 macrumors regular

I find it interesting (and bad for Apple) that there are still pre-orders available. I remember them running out much quicker last time- and I heard recently that their supply this time around was smaller?

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Aren't Pre-Orders unlimited? And It's just who Pre-ordered first? The later you pre-ordered, the farther in the line you are, then the later you get it? Not sure.

3. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Pretty sure they made a lot more phones this time too.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

They are already at full production capacity. There were some reports that Foxconn was assembling 150,000 units a day. I think they wanted to have a lot more preorders available this time.

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

In the past there was a certain amount of pre-orders available. Then the dates either began to be pushed back or they stopped accepting. Actually I think first the dates were pushed back then eventually they stopped accepting?

In comparison to iPhone 4 though they didn't have release day delivery available this long.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Wow damned if you do (sell out and leave people frustrated), damned if you don't (sell out and make people question why the servers were still able to stay up, because we all know that apple learned nothing from last year).

7. Middiebear macrumors member

I agree...

I remember last year pre-orders being pushed out to 3-4 weeks by 8 am EST.

I made sure to stay awake last night and participate in the launch to avoid having to wait... But apparently that was unneccessary.

Maybe Apple has more stock on hand or maybe people really arent nearly as interested as they were with the iPhone 4...

I'd expect pre-orders to be at least 1-2 weeks at this point.

8. wratran macrumors regular

this is the 4S...not going to be in big demand...

9. coasterswim macrumors 6502

There were still iPhone 4 pre-orders available last year at noon - that's when I ordered mine and still got it on (/before) the first day.

10. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Combination of... Units stockpiled prior to launch, less demand (presumably) from iPhone 4 owners, and parts availability (since it's basically the same phone with a new processor and camera.