Interesting Thought (For all you pilots out there)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kestrel452, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Kestrel452 macrumors regular

How awesome would it be if Apple got into the avionics business? I can just imagine how much more intuitive the interfaces would be for glass cockpits. Learning how to use the G1000 is a major accomplishment in and of itself....

2. Big-TDI-Guy, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I don't know... only having 2 configurations of planes, forced software updates if you want to take off... Getting restricted to specific airfields - even if you have hangers elsewhere. Spinning beach ball of death...

No, I don't want BSOD, either.
    :p

In all truth - there are a LOT of fields I wish adopted Apples mantra of end-user ease-of-use. Just this morning I was irritated at how utterly (nonsensically) complex a simple light timer was to set.

At work I contemplate integrating the scroll wheel and multi-touch into the hardware I build... but in my field - that won't fly. (sadly)

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Heh - so true! And you'd be forced to use glossy screens that end up being mostly unreadable in sunlight.

5. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I just hope it multitasks.
    In seriousness, it would probably be just like Xserve. Nice, but not enough market for it.

6. Kestrel452 thread starter macrumors regular

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

The G1000 in Riddle's planes are glossy only. Damn you Garmin stealing from Apple....... :p