Interesting to me

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikes2pads, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

The fact that I had 7 solid months of continuos wifi signal strength on my ipad2 compared to the roller coaster ride ipad3 signal strength now is about enough proof that I need to exchange this device. I love this new iPad even with the fluctuating signals. The first two weeks were strong and crisp. The following weeks were constant weakness. It likes my Linksys router much better than Net gears. The last 2 or 3 weeks have been super fast operation. It's hard to decide what to do with the device. Applecant say an exchange will be 100% better always. Can't say I'm reading people's exchanges getting it done.imo this is a black eye for this device that Steve Jobs would not be good with. All Apple has stated is that they do exchanges. Somewhat vauge .i really wish I had not sold my ip2. It just worked.

2. Unkei macrumors member

Unkei

Interesting to me

Are you inadvertently piggybacking off a neighbor's Linksys? You may need to rename your Router and set your network to private or locked. I have a Netgear router which kept dropping the connection and found that was the case. All Netgear routers will automatically be seen simply as Netgear, so any other Netgear in immediate range could be used by mistake. After renaming my Netgear router as Netgear5G and setting network to private, I've had absolutely no dropped signals.
    Unkei