Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-BigMac-

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
this is my banks app.
Its was one of the 3 Major Banks incorporating apple pay in Australia.

They seem to be pretty with it.

The touch id is represented by an 'onscreen touchid' logo. If its interacted with it asks for you to touch the onscreen button to touchid.

This was not there a month ago..

Interesting...

IMG_0187.PNG

Last edited:

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
While I think you're looking into this waaaaay too much and it's all a coincidence, Chase bank in the US just added the attached

Edit: Apparently a screenshot is too much for the server to handle as the file is "too large"

Reactions: hojx and -BigMac-

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I know what you’re thinking :D and no, that doesn’t mean anything. Apps put the icon all over the place.

But Siri is the giveaway. And nobody figured it out but me. :D

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
this is my banks app.
Its was one of the 3 Major Banks incorporating apple pay in Australia.

They seem to be pretty with it.

The touch id is represented by an 'onscreen touchid' logo. If its interacted with it asks for you to touch the onscreen button to touchid.

This was not there a month ago..

Interesting...

View attachment 707926
This is indeed very cool. If not Analyst Kuo recently that said touchID won't be on the iphone 8, i would have been very happy about your post.

-BigMac-

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
whats so special? its the same thing that appears in the ios 11 app store..
That was also initially presumed as being a clue to the screen touch id.
[doublepost=1499671727][/doublepost]
While I think you're looking into this waaaaay too much and it's all a coincidence, Chase bank in the US just added the attached

Edit: Apparently a screenshot is too much for the server to handle as the file is "too large"
Seems strange theyre all adding this 'notification' feature just before ios11? Correct me if im wrong touch id has been around for how long now??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.