Interesting, waterproof?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jazwire, Sep 26, 2015.

1. karan.k macrumors member

Please don't try this with your iPhone, I have heard reports that the speakers get affected;no wonder apple did not publish it to be water-resistant

2. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

This is going to be interesting. But I rather have a phone than no phone at all

3. questionmark32 macrumors regular

It remains to be seen how the headphone jack and the lightning slot work after being submerged for and hour

4. dmx macrumors 6502a

No.

Those phones might appear to work now but they won't be working fine in a week or two. water damage doesn't cause all damage right away. Especially if it was a realistic test (e.g. Using distilled water is NOT realistic for weak world water drops)

5. Jsameds macrumors 68040

I dropped my iPod Touch 5 in the bath once. It still worked, but the speakers were shot, the battery was shot and the Lightning port only seemed to work one way round.

Obviously I wouldn't advise doing this but at least it's good to know it won't die at the first sight of rain.

6. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Water resistance has always been a very subjective term. Even Sony has retracted its warranty for water damage despite marketing its phones as being waterproof.

There are just so many variables to account for. Apple will continue to make their phones more water resistant, but they will obviously not market it as such so people don't go swimming with their phones and start dunking them in tanks.

7. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

I call the video BS. We don't see where this water is coming from. Distilled water/deionized water doesn't conduct electronicity which the iPhone might be able to survive.

If it was normal tap water or drinking water the phone can potentially be suspected to long term damage.