Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
What would be name/title of a Designer's position who designs interfaces such as the one that is on the Tesla vehicle? Interface Designer perhaps? Something else?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Other than Adobe applications knowledge, do they need to know anything more? Or do they just design and cooperate with programmers who will bulid what they design?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Other than Adobe applications knowledge, do they need to know anything more? Or do they just design and cooperate with programmers who will bulid what they design?

Adobe is just a tool to get the job done. A designer must understand and have in depth knowledge about design patterns, heuristics, platform dependencies, user experience, HCI, usability, design ethos and a lot more. Collaboration with the developers is just part of the job but understanding a problem and solving it the right way is the main thing.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
UI/UX designer. But there is difference between UI and UX.

UI generally is about graphic design of the user interface. UX, which is short for "user experience" is self explanatory. One who designs user experience makes sure that the user experience is pleasant and ergonomic, not cluttered, inconsistent and PITA to use.

Reactions: akash.nu

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Out of curiosity, why do you ask? I've noticed that you've made several posts here asking about job titles & duties. Like I just said, I'm just curious. I'm sorry if I'm being too nosy.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Just because someone knows how to use a hammer, it doesn't mean they know how to build a house. The same thing applies here.

Reactions: akash.nu

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Out of curiosity, why do you ask? I've noticed that you've made several posts here asking about job titles & duties. Like I just said, I'm just curious. I'm sorry if I'm being too nosy.
Just curious :)

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
If you're curious about official job titles, duties and qualifications, you may want to check out job descriptions for different creative jobs. You mentioned Tesla; here's their job list. I don't know what you're specifically looking for, but it shows their official job titles. Clicking on each shows the job duties & requirements. https://www.tesla.com/careers/search#/

If you're thinking of getting into the creative field, look into your local community college and/or public library. They usually have classes in creative fields, and are far less expensive and require far less commitment than 4 year colleges if you're not that into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.