Interface Mixer Combo

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Cayden, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Hey guys. I'm looking for a mixer that outputs each track through USB like an audio interface. I've been looking around and I found the Soundcraft Signature MTK 22 which looks great, but it unfortunately sends post gain, pre eq and I much prefer using hardware eq when possible. I know I could just output the tracks to my other interface to get the on board EQ but I'd only be able to go 5 tracks at a time and it would all have to be done in post, which I don't want to do. Does anyone know of a mixer/interface combo that sends post fader with some of the same features as the MTK? It has limiters, Hi-Z inputs, two FX channels, 3 AUX channels, 2 BUS outputs, and the master BUS along with 4 band eq with two of them being sweepable. This looks like an amazing mixer, but the pre send is what makes it limiting. Thanks!

2. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

I'm not sure what your budget is, but Behringer has likely what you are looking for. The X Air series does everything you want and more. The X Air apps for iPad and Mac are both very intuitive (more so than the X32s IMO), and are feature packed. The XR18 is a full 18x18 interface, and has Left/Right and then 6 Aux outs that can be configured pre or post fader. I'm not sure, but I would venture to say you could configure the main LR output to function as two more sends.

The preamps are still Midas (like the X32), and the XRs are solidly built. It comes in three sizes. I know Behringer hasn't had the greatest reputation in the past, but they really hit the nail on the head with both the X Airs and X32s. You would be amazed at how many touring artists and bands use the rack version of the X32 for their IEM rig. If it isn't the standard yet, it will be soon!

The X Air app is free to download, and features a demo mode. You could look around and see what you think.

3. Cayden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Although I have looked at this type of interface, that is very different than what I'm looking for. I'm looking specifically for an analog mixer, not a digital mixer. I prefer the analog eq to digital graphic or parametric eq. I don't really need the aux sends as much as I need the on board eq. The sends are for sure helpful, especially in live settings, but getting a post eq multi-track signal to the USB out with the ability to have Hi-Z and some FX is the most important thing to me.

4. xb2003, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003