iPad Pro Intermittent delays with touchscreen responsiveness?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by flwilhe, May 22, 2018.

1. flwilhe macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I have the 12” iPad Pro (A1671). I use it daily. When I’m using YouTube, numbers, or even Safari...my touchscreen will not respond to my swipes/ticks. I have to wait 15seconds and then it goes back to normal. Anyone else have this?

2. LibbyLA macrumors 6502

Yes, on iPP 9.7, iPP 10.5, and mini 4. Both iOS 10/3 and 11. Very annoying.

3. xoanohn macrumors newbie

Just canceled my Genius Bar appointment because I couldn’t reproduce it reliably. Then as soon as I canceled it, I had 4 instances in 5 minutes. Is this a software or a hardware issue?

I’m on the latest beta. Anyone having the same intermittent unresponsive touch screen on their 12.9 2017 iPad Pro?

4. Donoban macrumors 65816

Donoban

I’ve taken mine to Apple, they replaced it but this one does it too. It’s doing it as. Type this now.

Super annoying. Not sure if hardware or software.

Mine is also ipp 12.9 2017.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

The nature of the issue points to software. There's not much a user can do to test but a few things come to mind:
    • Test with Bluetooth OFF
    • Test with wifi OFF
    • Backup and test after Restore as new
    If the behavior exists after a restore as new then it would seem there's some sort of corruption somewhere that goes away until you restore from a backup...or...a combination of settings creating a problem (a true software issue).

Did you use/test the new device before configuring it or restoring from backup?

6. Donoban macrumors 65816

Donoban

I always set my devices up from new.

Dude, surely Bluetooth, wifi and any other combination of settings will have nothing to do with it. I mean, it’s out of the box.

I dunno, it could be software like you’ve suggested or there is a fault with the design.

7. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

Disable multiple gestures.

If it still happens, rotate using the rotation setting, use the keyboard again for a minute, and then rotate back to the original.

If it still happens, turn the iPad off and on again.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 21, 2018 ---
    By the way, it is a hardware issues, both my 10.5's had this issue. My new ones almost never do, if ever.

8. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

As possible, use your phone and video the event. I did that with a touch issue I had with my 12.9 G2 in case there was an issue replicating it at my appointment. It locked up during mine but they were still very interested in the videos.