INTERMITTENT IPAD SCREEN FREEZE

Discussion in 'iPad' started by browser740, Apr 22, 2018.

1. browser740 macrumors member

FIRST CAPS 4 SEEING NOT SHOUTING

MY IPAD PRO 2017 KEEPS FREEZING... WHILE TYPING, WHEN SWIPING APPS OFF, POINTING TO SOMETHING IN YOU TUBE... I DO THE POWER BUTTON HOME BUTTON AT LEAST TWO OR THREE TIME A DAY WITH NO HELP... SIRI IS OFF, NO PASS CODE OR TOUCH REGISTERED , DONT USE IT...

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED....

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

3. Johnny365 macrumors 6502

Johnny365

Yes, a full reset without restoring from icloud backup as well to see if it's related to an application installed.

4. browser740 thread starter macrumors member

So, I plan on backing up my ipad, encrypted to local computer, then restoring the backup back tothe ipad...

My question is, if what is on the ipad is messed up, why will, backing it up, and restoring help... Wont i be backing up
    Krap and put t right back?

5. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Instead of restoring from a backup, set it up as new and see if the problem persists. If it seems to be fine as new then you know something in your existing setup is messed up, which means you shouldn’t put that backup back on to the device and manually continue to set up the device again.

6. ericwn macrumors 68020

As a future best practice, don’t force an iPad into a restart if you can shut if off and reboot it.

7. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey