Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverickuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Hey guys,

I have a strange problem, which I'm not even sure how to explain but I'll do my best.

I own a Macbook 2.2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo running OSX 10.6.1 using a wireless connection.

I run my own websites which I have intermittent issues loading on my mac. All of the sites can be loading fine and then suddenly the pages can take up to a minute to open. It happens to each of the sites on my server.

During these slow downs I've checked the pages on a PC, iMac and another Macbook all on the same network and all loading perfectly.

During the slow downs no other websites have issues loading.

I've checked with my members and nobody else appears to be experiencing this issue, I'm certain it's local to my macbook.

The only thing I've changed, is a couple of weeks ago during a server upgrade, the IP of our server changed and because of the delay with my ISP upgrading the DNS, I edited my hosts file which had the desired effect. I then later removed all entries and ensured the hosts file was back to default.

I'm at a loss right now. I don't even know what to begin searching for in Google. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Another thing that maybe worth noting, is that the problem is apparent in both Safari and Firefox and during these slow downs, mail has a big delay in loading my pop mail for accounts on this server. Also using terminal if I telnet http://www.sitename.com 110 then there is a 15+ second delay in the response.

adrianbj

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
I know this initial post is old, but I am having the exact same problem. To add to it though, the site in question (only one in my case) loads fine with any browser via VMWare Fusion / Windows 7. When it is not in slow mode, the site loads in a couple of seconds.

NB, I am running OSX 10.7.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.