Intermittent Mouse Clicks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cboss, May 24, 2010.

1. Cboss macrumors 6502

For the past few weeks, occasionally when I click on something the click doesn't register at all or sometimes only the down click works. I haven't had mush trouble when clicking in Finder, but this happens about half the time in games and Safari. I made a test account on my MB and everything works perfectly in that account.

Are there any settings or preferences that could have been messed up and caused this problem? I did have some Logitech drivers installed when this started, but I've never had trouble with them before.

This is on a late '07 Macbook with 10.6.3.

2. markh789 macrumors newbie

You sure could have.

Go to System Prefences, then Trackpad, Change the Tracking Speed and Double-Click sliders to the middle.

On Trackpad Festures set it to:
    (1 = on, 0 = off)
    [1] Use two fingers to scroll
    [1] Allow Horizontal Scrolling
    [0] Clicking
    [1] For secondary clicks, place two fingers on the trackpad then click the button
    [1] Ignore accidental trackpad input

For "Zoom while holding", make the choice yourself.

3. Cboss thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, doing the above didn't help. Both my trackpad and mouse settings were already on the default, with the exception of double-click speed being increased a bit. I didn't mention this before, but the clicking problem occurs both when using my trackpad and a wireless USB mouse.

It seems like there should be some files I could delete which would reset all trackpad/mouse settings/drivers to the factory default, but I'm unsure exactly what those would be.