Intermittent Safari problem on shopping sites...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zerozal, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Zerozal macrumors 6502

My wife does a lot of online browsing/shopping on a number of different sites, and is having a odd issue. The first time it happened, I thought it was a fluke, but it just happened again today, so I'm wondering if anyone can help pinpoint and maybe fix the problem.

The specific sites that the problem occurred on were forever21.com and piperlime.com. What happens is that you can no longer click on individual products to see the product details page--it just takes you to a blank white screen. Also, the site (or Safari) doesn't let you add any products to your cart--you can click on "Add to cart", but it never actually puts the item in your cart; the cart remains empty.

If I quit Safari (not just close the window), and reopen Safari and reload the site, all is well. I'm thinking this may be a Java or Flash issue--I'm not web savvy enough to know.

Any ideas to prevent this from happening again?

Edit: runnning 10.6.4, Safari 5.0 and the latest version of Flash (10.1.53.64)

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

3. Anirudh3 macrumors newbie

I am also faced the same problem for some sites. Using this 10.6.4, Safari 5.0 and the latest version of Flash (10.1.53.64) has any problems?

4. dark knight macrumors regular

i have found that certain operations in eBay that require a log in process just dont work in Safari 5.0.5. have to dig out firefox.

a couple of times in the past six months you can type your name and password in over and over and you just get asked again. open firefox, all good.

maybe all browsers have their particular quirks with certain functions