Intermittent Wifi-Problems after Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blingdar, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Blingdar macrumors newbie

Hey! So I recently upgraded to Lion and my Wifi has been intermittently stalling and dropping. I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem, as I only used SL for a week or so before updating.

Have any of you had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I have:
    Reset my Passwords/Reset my route
    Deleted/Re-added Network
    Trashed my SystemPrefs folder (heard this would help)
    Tried changing the DNS -however this problem is not happening solely in safari.

I am sure it is the entirety of wifi dropping because adium and mail cease to function as well.

Any idea?

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I have to restart my computer every time in order to get it working - I'm so annoyed with Lion at this point! I am bringing my comp to apple tomorrow to see what the heck is going on.

3. Blingdar thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure you have to restart, just toggle your wifi on/off, it'll reset. But it's the most annoying thing on earth. It happens at least once every 2 hours for me.

Still, I can't find a solution. Some people say it has to do with password-less wifi routers. But mine is WEP protected and I have problems... so I'm not sure if they're related.

4. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Mine only works again if I restart - it's totally weird. My wifi is protected as well and is an airport extreme.

5. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

I too have been running into issues. I keep having to toggle my MBP Wi-Fi off and on. I'm using a Linksys E3000 that is password protected.

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have been trying to turn my Mac into a WiFi access point and have been able to but since Lion I don't think I can. I do it exactly the same, I turn on Internet sharing but the WiFi icon doesn't show the arrow and devices can't see the network. Anyone else seeing this?