Internal API Error

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by xcodeNewbie, Jan 2, 2012.

  1. xcodeNewbie macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2011
    #1
    I am having trouble with building and running my app on a device. I have been a licensed developer for several months now and haven't had any major problems getting my apps to run on devices. I have been working on an app for a couple of weeks now and everything was going fine until earlier today I built and ran my app and Xcode said "There was an internal API error", and now I can't run my app on a device anymore even though it was working fine earlier today. It still works on the iPhone simulator though. I have tried:

    Restarting my phone
    Restarting Xcode and cleaning all targets
    Restarting the computer

    Nothing has worked. Other apps compile fine and run on my phone, but this one won't. I created a new app, called it "test" and it built and ran fine. Then I created a new app and gave it the same name as the one I'm having trouble with and it displays the same error. Any ideas?
     
  2. admanimal macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2005
    #2
  3. xcodeNewbie thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2011
    #3
    Not an Info.plist problem

    Thanks for your reply but it's not a problem with the info.plist. I haven't edited it in days, and only then it was to set the icon files.
     
  4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

    PhoneyDeveloper

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    #4
    Try deleting the app from the device and then rerunning it.

    You might also go back to an earlier version of the app and then move forward looking at the changes in your version control until you find the issue that causes the problem.
     
  5. xcodeNewbie thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2011
    #5
    Fixed it

    I fixed the problem by restoring my phone's software. What a pain...
     

Share This Page