Internal Crack

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hollyheart, Jun 17, 2011.

1. hollyheart macrumors newbie

I got the iPhone 4 in white last month and have been trying so hard to take really good care of it. I got a case for it and hadn't dropped it once until tonight. I forgot that it was sitting on my lap and it dropped about a foot and a half as I got out of my car this evening. I didn't notice anything wrong with it until I got inside and saw it under light, then I realised it had a little crack above the screen. The glass is still smooth to touch and nothing seems to be wrong with it. I'm being picky but I've got a 2 year contract (I stupidly didn't get insurance and it's JUST too late now) and I don't want to be left with this unsightly mark for that long. Will Apple fix/replace this under warranty? Will I have to pay for a new screen? I'm so stressed out about it as it's typical me to be so careless!

I took a wee picture with on Photo Booth: [​IMG]
    I hope this illustrates the issue better. Thanks in advance for your help!

Holly

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

You could ask for a swap and expext a no. If so just keep it, looks merely cosmetic and wont hurt anything and looks like it wint get bigger either.