internal dust/dirt

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by glou, Apr 2, 2012.

1. glou macrumors newbie

how dirty do macbook pro's get internally? i have an early 2008 macbook pro 15 inch. if it does get pretty dirty, does apple have some kind of cleaning service or does anyone know of good services besides best buy. i don't really trust myself to open my computer and clean it.

edit: is there a way to remove the keyboard without having to open the whole thing?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Depends on your environment, but Apple typically doesn't clean your computer for you. All you need to do is take off the back cover and blow some compressed air into the small spaces.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Good advice but don't use compressed air from an aerosol container! This is not meant to be used close up on electronic equipment because the liquid propellent is often ejected. It is well known that liquid and electricity don't mix!

By far, the best and safest thing to use is something like a Giotto blower, designed for heavy duty dust removal from cameras, lenses etc.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Or, you could try...

Attached Files:

5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I've used compressed air from a can, you just have to be careful and not tilt it at a steep angle or else the fluid will come out. Also use short bursts because the air gets extremely cold when using very long bursts of air.