Internal Hard Drive - Ejecting Automatically

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darrenscerri, Oct 25, 2010.

1. darrenscerri macrumors regular

Nov 15, 2007
    Hi guys! I've just bought an OptiBay adapter to install a 2nd hard drive in my MBP. I removed my optical drive and installed the MBP stock hard drive instead of the optical drive. On the original hard drive bay, I've installed another 320GB S-ATA drive until the new SSD arrives. I am still booting from the original drive (located in the SuperDrive bay), and using the other as a data drive.

The second drive (which is located in the original hard drive bay) occasionally ejects automatically. It does not eject if I am not using the drive, but when I read or write to the drive, it ejects automatically after about 2 minutes, giving me the "drive was not ejected properly" error. If I use Disk Utility, the drive is no where to be seen and the only way to re-mount the drive is to restart the computer.

I don't think it's a loose contact as I tried 'shaking' the S-ATA cable and the laptop itself.

Any suggestions?
  2. Rinox macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2011
    I have exactly the same problem. Did u find any solutions yet? Im using the same 2,53Ghz Mac with 500 GB Seagate (Optibay) und 500 GB Samsung (original) which will be constantly ejected after a couple of minutes in use. The Samsung works perfectly in an external USB drive enclosure. Even if I swap the drives the Samsung lose the conection in Optibay.:confused:

Nobody can help? plz
  3. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2007
    i dont have that problem with my 2011 MBP

SSD in main Bay, 750GB drive in other bay
  4. Rinox macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2011
  5. Johnnylane macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2013
    same thing here. What have you guys done?

Heard maybe a windows partition wont behave this way.