internal hard drive locked? can't install lion.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kevindosi, Aug 19, 2011.

1. kevindosi macrumors regular

hey everyone, my brother recently installed lion and, when he restarted his computer, was asked if he wanted to restore from a time machine backup or install lion. i don't understand why, because he already did. it won't let him install lion, as it asks for his keychain password but, when he enters it, it says wrong password. so i told him to restore from his time machine backup, but it just says "Searching for disks..." indefinitely. when he tries to install lion, it says his internal hard drive is locked. i'm wondering if there's a way to unlock it so that he can install lion. he doesn't have the cps that came with his computer because he's out of town. any help would be much appreciated.

2. Schweutsch macrumors newbie

Me too

I'm wondering exactly the same thing. My time machine hard drive has proven corrupt and I was just about to transfer all my files to another external hard drive when the stupid computer crashed! now I can't set back from time machine, I can't reinstall lion - THE INTERNAL HD IS LOCKED! I don't have my files 'cause it can't be detected from any of my computers. But I know it isn't like broken broken since I still can see it in disk repair.

It's just all very crappy right now.

Help!