Internal hard drive locked

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by georgemaciel, Aug 3, 2009.

1. georgemaciel macrumors newbie

Not new to mac. However, received new Mac Pro with two internal 1 tb hard drives. It is my second hard drive that I woke up to being locked and will not allow me to open it. I am the only user, the administrator, and I have done all the Command I permission stuff. When I do Command I on the drive, it says the under Sharing and Permissions that I have "Custom Access" which is the new part. I unlocked the lock and tried to change the name privelege to Read and write but the "Custom" does not change. I have run my system disk to see if I the hard drive is writeable and it says that it is. I cannot however run a permissions on this drive. THe drive checks out ok when I run disk first aid but that's it. No lock anywhere that I can find. THe icon of the hard drive by the way has a lock on it. Never had an issue like this before. THanks, for suggestions. George

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

3. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

This sounds like an issue I had with my ex HDDs at one point. I searched google sommat came up on macosxhints which helped alot. Had to execute some sudo commands. I can't remember them
    off the top of my head though. Have a google about n see if anything comes up:)

PTP

4. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

Also: off topic, but it's generally a good idea to go about your regular business on a regular account, only using the admin account when you need it, it's better for security.

5. iHumanoid macrumors newbie

iHumanoid

Im having this exact same problem, was wondering if and how this was fixed. Please help!!