Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billmister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hey guys what's up.. I have a question maybe some members can help since they helped on my Internal HD for my iMac.

Ok i'm in the looks for internal HD for my brand new MacBook PRo. I have stock 250HD... i SHOULD of left it at 200 and just got the 320 else where but i didn't think i would.. ANyway I am the type of person that likes to have more than enough because of future needs. My iMac 500gig is runner great and i have no worries of using the space and a 500 external to back it up.

Now i was looking into this one.
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Western Digital/WD3200BEVT/

Can you guys give me the Ok so i can purchase it today.

This will be going in my MacBook Pro 2.4ghz Penryn Intel Core 2 Duo.

Thank you.

billmister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
ok well i went ahead and purcahsed it. Next day delivery so i should have it by tomorrow before 3pm. i'm giong to try to install it tomorrow night and then procede with the Format, and installing everything over again.

Anyone recommend a site to follow with pics?... I saw one but looks pretty tough. i mean i followed th online pics for swaping out my Internal Hard Drive on my iMac and that was a little tough but NO problem once i got everything open.

I just don't want to break off any ribbon or anything like that.

tip

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Go to http://www.ifixit.com for instructions. The process is pretty easy - just be patient, and do a search on this forum for particular gotchas.

Now, the Scorpio has its "breathing hole" directly under where the orange ribbon cable goes. You'll have to do something so that it won't be sealed off. Some folks have moved it to the side - what I did was put some acrylic directly under the ribbon cable, so it won't be sealed.

Since you just ordered it - you might want to see if you can find a deal on a WD 320GB Passport and cancel the internal. The Passport is a USB-powered external drive, that happens to have a Scorpio inside. What you can do is use SuperDuper! to clone your internal drive to the Passport, then swap. You won't have to reinstall everything from scratch (although you might want to), and you have the external enclosure for your stock drive.

billmister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
thank you VERY much guys regarding your responses... In terms of backing up, i only really want to back up my Documents but i have that on my idisk so that wont be a problem. As for pics and video's i'll connect my imac with my macbook pro thru firewire and transfer the files.

My LAST questions, and thank you on the ifix installations i saw it and will follow those instructions, i'll keep my eye out for any problems.

Last question, how can i transfer my iweb project? I mean i have iweb on my macbook pro that is hooked up but i don't have the same setup on my imac.. how can i transfer it to my imac... or even save that project after i format the new hard drive?

tip

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Last question, how can i transfer my iweb project? I mean i have iweb on my macbook pro that is hooked up but i don't have the same setup on my imac.. how can i transfer it to my imac... or even save that project after i format the new hard drive?

I'm not in front of my Mac right now, but I believe you need to back up and restore the domain directories in: /User/<login>/Library/Application Support/iWeb.

EDIT: Looks like you found the answer.

billmister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
EDIT: Looks like you found the answer.

Yes thank you for your responce though! Well now i'm just going to wait for my internal HD tomorrow and rush home to install that bad boy!!!

Can't wait.

billmister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
ok fellow members, installation was a SUCCESS!!! Yesterday i installed all my apps, and transfered all my pics and itunes folder via firewire cable from my iMac.

Thank you everyone for your responces and interest. I was a bit worried taking out the keyboard because where the trackpad was it was giving me a hard time to pull up.. also the little wire that is glued to the hard drive i felt REALLY scared to pull it off because i felt like i was going to break it..

BUT...

In the end my computer booted. I feel bad because i wanted to post up a movie for my youtube watchers to help out, BUT anyway i'll be putting that Hard drive into my fiance's Intel Core 2 Duo blackbook previous to the new updated once.

Does anyone know if it will work on hers?.. Thanks everyone!

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
I feel bad because i wanted to post up a movie for my youtube watchers to help out, BUT anyway i'll be putting that Hard drive into my fiance's Intel Core 2 Duo blackbook previous to the new updated once.

Does anyone know if it will work on hers?.. Thanks everyone!

Should be no problem at all.

billmister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Not to mention the upgrade will be a piece of cake.

Yes i heard upgrading HD on macbooks are much simpler than macbook Pro. I am looking foward to it. My fiance ordered her macbook yesterday with next day delivery so it should be here monday because she ordered it 7:15pm.

I hear iMac is most difficult to install HD, then it's the Macbook PRO, then macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.