Internal HD says its full when I try to install software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MAC-in-cheese, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MAC-in-cheese macrumors newbie

Sorry i posted a completely wrong title... i was going to ask about that but realized it wasn't the problem
    I have a mac book pro which is refusing to play any videos over the internet (i.e. youtube/google) it says i need to install the new adobe flash player, so i went to adobe's flash player page (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) i installed that and it it loads the whole thing and the installation process goes fine but i don't think its actually being installed because you click "done" and the installer closes down and then nothing happens and when i searched it in spotlight and i went through all my folders there's nothing there... and youtube still doesn't work. Any suggestions or similar problems anyone's having would be great, thanks.

2. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
  3. MAC-in-cheese thread starter macrumors newbie

im using safari, i can play things on firefox but im trying to stick with one browser and i like safari better

4. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    Have you checked if the plugin is present and enabled under Safari's Preferences/Security?

5. MAC-in-cheese thread starter macrumors newbie

Annnd that was the problem... cant believe i didnt think of it :), oh well. thank you