Internal HD won't mount after using Techtool Pro, please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jbruninga, Jul 22, 2011.

1. jbruninga macrumors newbie

Hello,

The other day I was performing routine maintenance on my Mac Pro using TechTool Pro. I decided to run the tool "Volume Optimization" overnight since it takes awhile to complete.

When I returned I found that my standard start up disc, the internal HD would not mount, which then forced me to start up from the OS X software disc. I ran the verify disc and repair disc tools in Disc utilities only to find out that the HD is fine. But, it still won't mount. I can even run TechTool Pro services on it, but it still won't mount.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent the last several hours researching causes and solutions to my problem, but haven't found anything that will work in my particular situation. Thanks again!

2. MarkH356 macrumors newbie

Hi, I had a similar problem with a HD that wouldn't mount. Managed to get it to mount using Disk Utility by (1) running Verify first then (2) starting a Repair, but then Stop the repair after about 1 minute (don't let the Repair complete). You get error messages about the halted repair, but the disk should be mounted.