Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tejeshwarsekhon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
India
I have an ipod touch 2G 32 GB. I changed some settings last night but when i tried to play songs today the sound was not coming....... when i increased the volume while the song was played it showed volume increasing but the headphones volume was shown but there was no headphones plugged:(..... so i restored it but it didn't worked but when i tried to find out that if the speaker is damaged i checked the alarm tone then the speaker was working but no sound for songs.......................... SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL ME WHERE I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE IN SETTING'S.............
THANKS..............

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I have an ipod touch 2G 32 GB. I changed some settings last night but when i tried to play songs today the sound was not coming....... when i increased the volume while the song was played it showed volume increasing but the headphones volume was shown but there was no headphones plugged:(..... so i restored it but it didn't worked but when i tried to find out that if the speaker is damaged i checked the alarm tone then the speaker was working but no sound for songs.......................... SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL ME WHERE I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE IN SETTING'S.............
THANKS..............

There is no setting to turn the speaker on/off for music. It's just supposed to work when there's no headphones connected. Just make sure there's nothing in the headphone jack that could be tricking it into thinking theres something connected. If there's nothing stuck up the headphone jack then contact Apple, theres something really wrong with your iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.