Internal Speakers wont work.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mattyb91193, May 15, 2012.

1. Mattyb91193 macrumors newbie

Alright heres the deal. I bought this macbook pro off of ebay, knowing that the sound didn't work, but I figured I could fix it. I guess not. One issue is that their is a piece of a headphone jack broken off inside of the hole for it. I figure that this might be disabling the speakers possibly. But the computer wont let me adjust the sound at all. I included the picture on what it does. and the settings panel. Why dont the internal speakers show up? I know they work because the laptop makes a sound when i start it up. It chimes.

Attached Files:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Instead of futzing around with the broken connector and possibly making the MacBook worse, why not just get a pair of BlueTooth stereo headphones.

3. Mattyb91193 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i would really love for my speakers to work. I bought a $5 usb thing so i can hook up headphones to the computer. If i just break the connection for the headphone jack will it work again? what should i do?

4. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Some people have been lucky extracting the broken end using a sharp pin and I have heard of others using something like a small bit of super glue on the end of a matchstick (be careful with this trick). You could take it to Apple and see what they would charge to repair that (I would think it much), but until you get that out of there it will be locked into digital mode as it thinks a digital line connection is there. Once that is corrected then it should be normal again.