Internal Time Machine Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by reebzor, Apr 9, 2010.

1. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Hey all, I found a 160GB Seagate drive (ST3160318AS) lying around and decided to throw it in my Mac Pro to use for Time Machine. I formatted it HFS+ journaled (GUID) and I havent been able to get Time Machine to work. Once it backs up around 2.2gb of data I get an Error saying: "The backup was not performed because an error occurred while copying files to the backup disk. The problem may be temporary. Try again later to back up. If the problem persists, use Disk Utility to repair your backup disk."

Time Machine supports backing up to an Internal drive right? Why am I getting this error? It's been happening for about two weeks now, I've formatted the drive countless times, ran repairs in disk util, renamed it, etc. I've tried everything and cannot get it to work. I know the drive works fine. Please help. Thanks

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Time Machine with an internal drive works fine. I mean, it's supposed to. Have you tried using a different drive for Time Machine? Even though you have reformatted/repaired/verified the drive ad nauseum, I would still suspect that particular hard drive is the problem.