Internal USB for Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrSkittles, Apr 28, 2012.

1. MrSkittles macrumors newbie

Ok I hope you can fallow me I have been looking around to fin something like this but all i can find is conecting cables and some back words and nothing will fit.

This is for a iLok

Ok what i am wanting to do is to remove my optic drive and put in a second hard drive. Thats all fine and dandy. but what i am trying to figuer out is ifi were able to get the proper connections would I be able to split the sate connection that is for the optic drive in to 2 and use one for the extra drive and put the other one and use it for a iLock and maybe another usb licensing dongel like that comes with Reson.

I know this seems kinda far fetched but i think a internal USB for a MacBook Pro would be a amazing idea.

I dont kn0w much about the building of computers so i am comeing on here to ask for some in put on this idea.

My Machine is

Mac Book Pro rearly 2011 8.2

2.3 quad 4 ram.

I also would just try it but i dont want to short out my mac by having to much draw on the power. Its my Baby, I call her Appletosh

I would be useing something to the affect like this http://imagethumbnails.milo.com/001/576/985/trimmed/1576538_18999985_trimmed.jpg[​IMG]