Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Is there a difference in speed or reliability between internal BT module and the external USB dongle?

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Absolutely No Difference for Me

Hi:

I have both: BT built-in to my PB, and the D-Link USB dongle for my iMac G5. I use both with the Apple keyboard and mouse and I see absolutely no difference: both have no latency, always work and are a pleasure. I would go for either one, but I must admit that I would not like it if my PB had no internal BT: having the dongle hanging from the side with the tiny green light blinking would be a disappointment. On the back of the iMac however, it's a non-issue. Hope taht helps!

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Balin64 said:
Hi:

I have both: BT built-in to my PB, and the D-Link USB dongle for my iMac G5. I use both with the Apple keyboard and mouse and I see absolutely no difference: both have no latency, always work and are a pleasure. I would go for either one, but I must admit that I would not like it if my PB had no internal BT: having the dongle hanging from the side with the tiny green light blinking would be a disappointment. On the back of the iMac however, it's a non-issue. Hope taht helps!

Thanks a lot.

I'm not worried about the dongle hanging out of the computer, it's going to be for a powermac anyway, not a laptop. I've been seeing more people think that PM updates won't be until late april or may, and I don't know if I can wait that long, so I was looking into the dual 2.0 refurbs (over the dual 1.8 new). I really want the wireless keyboard, so I was wondering how it would work if I bought the refurb and got a BT dongle for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.