Internal Water Indicators?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Richy23, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Richy23 macrumors 6502

Hi,

To cut a long story short, My home button is playing up and I think it may be because of water damage. The indicators at the headphone jack and dock connectors are both white, but are their any internal ones?

Thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are two. If the externals are white, I doubt the internals are red.

3. Richy23 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

yes there are internal water sensors....if they are anything but white Apple will not replace

you "think" it's from water damage? come on man...you know if your iPhone has been exposed to water or not

5. xenuprime macrumors 6502

I'm guessing he means it was exposed to water and at some later point started acting up. So he is not sure it is from being exposed to water or something else.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes there are internal water indicators, they are located in places you can't access unless you break the seal and void your warranty.

Here is one for the 3GS [​IMG]

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    You'd be fine brigning it in for an exchange.

8. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

I'm assuming you have an iPhone 4. Just take out the 2 little screws and pop open the back. They are obvious. You dont have to break apart your iPhone or anything, just take the back off.

9. jacollins macrumors 6502a

The only thing I can think of is one of those plastic screen covers you have to wet down before placing on the phone. If he went overboard on the wetting down part, it could leak in through the home button or top speaker and not affect the headphone jack or dock connector. But I would imagine the odds of that are extremely low.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If the OP has an iPhone 4, they should be going to Apple and getting it replaced, not opening their iPhone to check.