Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astylianou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
after upgrading to 2.2 when i dial 00 to call internationally at any country the number is not recognized by the caller id

for example if i dial 00 1 718 XXX-XXXX to call to the states the number is not recognized (the nunber is on my addressbook as +718 XXX-XXXX.) however if i dial +718 XXX-XXXX the number gets recognized. The same occurs for any country and any number i dial.
did anyone faces the same problem ? I have tried to call internationally using greek numbers
uk numbers
italian numbers
US numbers

Thanks

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
after upgrading to 2.2 when i dial 00 to call internationally at any country the number is not recognized by the caller id

for example if i dial 00 1 718 XXX-XXXX to call to the states the number is not recognized (the nunber is on my addressbook as +1718 XXX-XXXX.) however if i dial +1718 XXX-XXXX the number gets recognized. The same occurs for any country and any number i dial.
did anyone faces the same problem ? I have tried to call internationally using greek numbers
uk numbers
italian numbers
US numbers

Thanks

That's correct behavior. You should always use the +XXX convention to dial international numbers to maintain caller ID info. ;)

astylianou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
that sux the previous frimware 2.1 was not like that u could do
00 (country code) (number)
+ (country code) (number)

some carriers they sent a 00 (country code) (number) when you receive a call from abroad so when u travel caller id may not work

astylianou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
i have confirmed with other users that was not the case with 2.1 my carrier sends 00 (country code) + (number) so when someone calls from abroad i cannot see who it.

I do not think that the numbers are formated trough /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/PhoneNumberTemplates.plist anymore any changes that are made there do not affect the caller id (at least at my case)

Can someone try this on a not jailbroken phone? just dial the (number for international calls) (country number) (phone number)
in most of the countries this is
00 (country code) (phone number)
in the states is
011 (country code) (phone number)
if the number is stored in the address book as +(country code) (phone number) does the number gets recognized by caller id?

Moka.sOnkel

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
number/name is recognized both ways

I am using a standard 3G iPhone with 2.2 and it works both ways. The name is recognized whether i dial 00 (country code) (area code) (number) or + (country code) (area code) (number). It has been the same before upgrading to 2.2:)

Moka.sOnkel

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
number/name is recognized both ways

Sorry, forgot to say that I am using it in a German T-Mobile network with a T-Mobile SIM

astylianou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
is your phone jailbroken? I Restored my phone 2ise. 00 does not work for any number is there any chance that the caller id is bonded with the carrier SIM ?

astylianou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
Psyxologos are u using a jailbroken phone?

I found two people with the same problem we are all using a jailbroken phone

Psyxologos

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
No jailbroken iphone for me. Although I am thinking about it for the sole reason that i want to have support for the Greek language in my iphone, and the only way to get this at the moment is to jailbreak...

Moka.sOnkel

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
is your phone jailbroken? I Restored my phone 2ise. 00 does not work for any number is there any chance that the caller id is bonded with the carrier SIM ?

My iPhone is standard which wanted to say it's not jailbroken.
I played around a bit and the name shows below the number right when you enter it (regardless of starting with 00 or +) and before you even press the dial button and it is the same both on a iPhone 3G (non jailbroken/standard/T-Mobile) and iPhone 1G (non jailbroken/officially unlocked/SIM lock free/E-Plus Germany) with numbers to US, UK, Greece and many other countries.

The fact that the caller ID shows before you even press the dial button lets me assume that the caller ID is not bonded with the SIM but it rather is a software issue. But maybe thats the wrong conclusion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.