International Country code in Recieved Calls?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jayleb, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jayleb macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2007
    Seeing that the iPhone was a phone for us in the U.S, and didn't understand how to translate incoming calls from say (locally) 050863221 to the corresponding contact, I modified all my outlook contacts to show the full international dialling code (+97150863221) and from then onwards the corresponding contact would show when I got a call (this was when I was in Dubai)
    Now, in Lebanon...A local number is, say, 03221227...but when I get this call it refuses to show the contact name of the person under +9613221227. It just shows me the number.
    Any takers? And no this doesnt have anything to do with the U.S dialing formats since I already fixed the dialing with parantheses issue :S
  2. sinster macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2006
    Back home in Singapore
    Did you solve it

Did you manage to get a solution to our issue? I have exactly the same issue, and its really annoying. I am on 1.1.3, and Leopard. I didnt have the problem when I was using 1.1.1, and now i dont know how to correct it...

By the way, am a relative newbie..dont know how to access the terminal on my iphone nor perform the plist thing that i seem to have seen as a solution...

Help! :)
  3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2007
    Ballarat, Australia
    please search first. I just found a solution and posted it in another thread asking the same question. Look through my previous posts.