International Country code in Recieved Calls?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jayleb, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jayleb macrumors newbie

Seeing that the iPhone was a phone for us in the U.S, and didn't understand how to translate incoming calls from say (locally) 050863221 to the corresponding contact, I modified all my outlook contacts to show the full international dialling code (+97150863221) and from then onwards the corresponding contact would show when I got a call (this was when I was in Dubai)
    Now, in Lebanon...A local number is, say, 03221227...but when I get this call it refuses to show the contact name of the person under +9613221227. It just shows me the number.
    Any takers? And no this doesnt have anything to do with the U.S dialing formats since I already fixed the dialing with parantheses issue :S

2. sinster macrumors newbie

sinster

Did you solve it

Hey,

Did you manage to get a solution to our issue? I have exactly the same issue, and its really annoying. I am on 1.1.3, and Leopard. I didnt have the problem when I was using 1.1.1, and now i dont know how to correct it...

By the way, am a relative newbie..dont know how to access the terminal on my iphone nor perform the plist thing that i seem to have seen as a solution...

Help! :)

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

please search first. I just found a solution and posted it in another thread asking the same question. Look through my previous posts.