International FaceTime Charges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ganstavoo, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Ganstavoo macrumors member

Hey, does anyone know if there will be international charges charged to your bill even if its a FACETIME call over your own WiFi? I have a friend in Russia and im in the states and was wondering if this simple facetime call could destory my bill!

2. quid squid macrumors regular

I would assume so since AT&T wouldn't be the carrier outside the US. It's not the phone that matters, but the cell provider.

3. cmwall macrumors regular

It's over WiFi. Just don't call first, press the FaceTime button under the contact name.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

No charges, FaceTime is WiFi, talk all you want

5. jtara macrumors 65816

As long as you initiate the call with FaceTime, there will be no cost.

If you initiate the call with voice, then switch to FaceTime, there will be the usual International charge for the voice portion of the call. (That is, up to the time that FaceTime takes-over the call.)

We've been through this several times here. FaceTime has NOTHING to do with a phone call. Nothing. It's too bad they put that button in the Phone application, because it confuses people.

Just go into Contacts, hit Face Time, and it is free. THERE IS NO PHONE CALL MADE!

The only cost you are paying is whatever you pay for your WiFi-connected Internet connection. The "call" is going over the Internet.

6. Ganstavoo thread starter macrumors member