International HE Applecare when abroad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eldoctore, Sep 4, 2007.

1. eldoctore macrumors newbie

Eldest daughter was about to embark on year in a French University and had cajoled an iMac out of you know who! Initial one year warrranty would have sufficed; however she's had a serious accident that may jeopordise this years uni placement and delay it for a year. Does the HE Applecare work abroad, so if machine etc goes awry next year will she still be covered in France?
    Apple HE sales did some phoning around and think cover will apply, but were unprepared to put it in an email, so just a tad worrying.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Laptops and Desktops have international warranty so i don't see why not

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Don't count on it until you see it in writing from Apple.

As I understand it, the HE warranty is a unique deal negotiated between Apple and the HE store. From what I've read, it doesn't include some features that the regular Applecare includes so I wouldn't assume that it includes international support until you find that clearly stated in writing.

I gather that to supplament the HE warranty, you can buy what is basically the rest of the Applecare warranty extension for a relatively inexpensive amount, so maybe you should consider doing that