International iPhone pickup experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nine, Oct 13, 2011.

1. nine macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered my iPhone 4s last week I recieved a call yesterday informing me I could come down to the store in Tokyo to pick it up.
    I received an email & a phone call. The phone call threw me off because the lady asked specifically what time was I coming down. I assumed you could make a time reservation of something to pick it up.

I went down to the store & I swear it was maybe 40 to 50 in front of me.
    I waited outside in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes and still had about 40 people in front of me no lie.

People started informing me later through facebook that both Softbank & AU's system are messed up today. For having less than 20ft of people in front of you & having to wait without moving an inch for over 30 minutes, you think they would tell people there are system problems.

There also were more than 20 people outside coordinating the non moving line. Put those folks on the register. I will not be pre ording my next iPhone wasn't the greatest of experience here in Tokyo.

I'm sure the people in line not moving are having the same feeling as me and tweeting about it in Japanese.

2. yukster macrumors newbie

Yup, Softbank screwed up royally.

http://community.mobileinjapan.com/...crashes-hard-halts-sales-of-iphone-4s-at-11am

Their system has been up and down all day today. I spent about 1 1/2 hours at Bic Camera waiting to see if they can push an activation through, until I had to go back to work. Gonna go back after work, to try my luck again.

If it wasn't for the stupid Family Plan, I would be jumping ship to AU.

3. nine thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks by reading those posts in English I realize I wasn't just imagining this.

There were so many staff outside at least someone could have said we are having system problems which will make you have to wait forever.
    We have a choice after that, to waste or time or not.