International MagSafe Adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CBAviator, Sep 8, 2009.

1. CBAviator macrumors 6502

The MacBookPros ship with the U.S. version of the MagSafe power adapter in the U.S. (obviously!). I know that Apple sells plug conversion kits for travel in Europe. However, can I just purchase a full MagSafe power adapter for use in the Netherlands (as I will be moving there for school)? I'm just thinking this would be easier so I don't have to screw around with the little adapters.

Thanks!

2. glassx macrumors member

it is an international adaptor, you will take off the U.S. adaptor and put on the one you need.

3. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Sure, you could buy a new power supply for 90 euros once you get to the Netherlands. On the other hand, you could either spend a fraction of that on the international kit, or an even smaller amount for just a plug adaptor at any electronics place.

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

You don't attach the adapter to the US plug - you replace it. It slides off, see?

[​IMG]

irmongoose

5. kasakka macrumors 68000

You can use the US extension cord part by adding an adapter for your country's plug. If you want to use just the plug then you need to get one. In typical Apple fashion, they wanted 15 euros for it here in Finland. Thankfully my iPhone charger has the euro plug part which works perfectly fine with the Macbook Pro charger.

6. CBAviator thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for everyone's replies! I see what you guys mean by just "replacing" the plug with that of another adapter. I was thinking that I'd have to plug the whole U.S. adapter into a separate adapter and I didn't want to deal with that (minor details, I know...but still).

Thanks again...I think I'll be able to make my decision given your responses now.